Wednesday 9 April 2008

28 March - Bikes and Stags





There is good reason for the blog being quiet for a while. It all started on Wednesday 26 March when Beckie and the girls jetted off south to visit grandparents and left me to look after myself. only for a couple of days as I had plans of my own.

The weekend kicked off on Friday 28 March with a test. Just like being back at school. There is always something new to learn and get qualified in and today it was the Trail Cycle Leader course. I love the bike. It's a great way to get around and explore so now I can do this with groups at the centre as well. Excellent day and quite hard work concentrating for 4 hours out on the trail knowing exactly where you are and how long it will take to get from A to B and dealing with my crazy fellow candidate who decided to go up an extremely steep slope and try and cycle down (this was a scenario of course). Thanks to Andy the assessor (for passing me) and Jess (for not actually cycling down that slope).


After that excitement it was straight in the car and up to Fort William for cousin Johnny's stag weekend. This included some beer, golf, football, table football and some more beer. An excellent weekend finished off on sunday afternoon with a spin round one of the Mountain Bike trails at the Nevis Range.

No comments: