Sunday 11 May 2008

28 April - More Ochils Adventures


I dragged my dad out on a very wet day to head into our local hills and practise some navigation, timing, pacing (all that stuff they are going to throw at you on the ML assessment). He is the only person I thought wouldn't complain with wondering around the hills with no specific purpose other than finding streams, cairns and trig points. Bill if you are reading this I remember you writing recently how much you had enjoyed getting back out into your local area and rediscovering it. I have really enjoyed a few trips into the Ochils recently (again today with the girls that will appear in a blog soon). They are not the highest or grandest hills but there is something about them being on your doorstep and often with access through picturesque areas like Dollar Glen.

No comments: