Thursday 15 January 2009

Nearly Went Windsurfing


This is a tale of lost love. It has been a year and 2 weeks since my last windsurf. This has never happened in the last 18 years of my life but I have just been busy with other sports and chasing qualifications etc. The forecast for sunday was for a good strong breeze and slightly warmer than it has been lately so I figured this would be a great chance to dust off the board and blow away the windsurfing cobwebs. To cut a short story even shorter, the phone went on saturday evening and it was an invite to sunday lunch so the windsurf never happened.

I can't wait to get back on a board again.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

neither can I .... the camera is ready!

Juliet Robertson said...

Oh how to bring back memories! I grew up in the Lake District and one of my strongest memories is my older sister dragging the rest of us out on Christmas Day so she could go windsurfing on Talkin(?) Tarn. Once my son is a little older, a windesurfer is definitely a family toy to buy!